1 slice whole wheat bread, crusts cut off
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
½ cucumber, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler
1 cucumber round, halved
2 carrot rounds
1 olive, halved
1 corn kernel
1 red pepper slice
1 slice of cheese
3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1. Spread the mayonnaise over the whole wheat bread.
2. Arrange the cucumber strips to cover the bread, and place one cucumber half on either side of the bread to form the ears.
3. Make the eyes by placing the carrot rounds near the middle of the bread slice; place an olive half on top of the carrot rounds to form the pupils.
4. Place a corn kernel in the center to form the nose.
5. Form the mouth by placing the red pepper slice near the bottom of the face.
6. Slice the cheese into two triangles to form teeth. Slice any offcuts into strips and form a patch on the forehead.
7. Arrange the tomatoes next to each other on the forehead.
1 medium banana, thickly sliced
4-6 strawberries, thickly sliced
1 fruit roll
2 homemade googly eyes or chocolate chips (see notes)
1. In your bento box or lunchbox, arrange the strawberry and banana slices, alternating between each.
2. Place an end piece of a strawberry at the end to form the tip of the tail, and a whole strawberry at the front to form the head.
3. Slice a small mouth in the tip of the strawberry head. Slice a piece of the fruit roll to form a tongue and place it in the mouth cutout. Add googly eyes or chocolate chips as eyes instead.
2 green apples, cored and quartered
1 lemon, sliced
Peanut butter, as needed
32 sunflower seeds
2 strawberries, sliced
2-3 homemade googly eyes per quarter (see notes)
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the centres out of each apple quarter to form a mouth. Rub a lemon slice over the cut apple to prevent it from browning.
2. Spread the peanut butter inside the mouth, and press sunflower seed into the top of the mouth to form teeth.
3. Place a strawberry slice at the bottom to form a tongue.
4. Press googly eyes on the top of the apple, using some peanut butter to help them stick.
250g (24) fresh dates, pitted
80g almond butter
25g cocoa powder
20ml coconut oil, melted
80g rice crispies
50g white baking chocolate, melted
Powdered food colouring of choice
Homemade googly eyes (see notes)
1. In a food processor, blend the dates, almond butter, cocoa powder and coconut oil. Stir in the rice crispies and press into a prepared 20cm by 20cm square baking tin. Allow to set for 20 minutes in the fridge, then cut into 8cm by 4cm rectangles.
2. Colour the white chocolate with the desired food colouring. Dip the ends of the rice crispy bars into the chocolate and press eyes in. Allow to set.