- 200g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 280g spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
- 3 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs
- 125g spinneysFOOD Self-Raising Flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp lemon curd zest and juice of 2 lemons (approx 100ml juice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 1.5-litre loaf tin.
- Put the butter and 180g sugar in a bowl. Beat with an electric hand whisk until pale and fluffy.
- One at a time, beat in the eggs. Stir in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, lemon curd and lemon zest.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and level the surface with a spoon. Bake for 40-45 minutes, covering with foil after 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Combine the lemon juice and remaining sugar. Use a skewer to pierce holes right through the warm loaf then spoon the drizzle over the top. Leave to cool in the tin.