- 2 baby pineapples
- 200g demerara sugar
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- Booja-Booja Dairy Free Ice Cream, to serve
- Keeping the leaves attached, halve 2 baby pineapples (you can cut the halves into thirds if you wish). Put the sugar on a plate then push the pineapples flesh-side down into the sugar to coat.
- Place on the barbecue and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until charred and caramelised. (For a sweeter flavour leave the lid open, or for something smokier keep it closed.)
- Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chillies and lime zest and serve with scoops of Booja-Booja Dairy Free Ice Cream.