- 50g SpinneysFood Caster Sugar
- 1cm piece ginger, chopped
- 1 lemon grass stick, thinly sliced lengthways
- 750g seedless watermelon, thinly sliced
- 2 packs prepared Star Ruby grapefruit, sliced into rounds
- small handful basil leaves, to garnish
- Put the sugar, ginger, lemon grass and 125ml water in a pan set over a medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Divide the grapefruit and watermelon among four bowls. Spoon over half the syrup and garnish with the basil. Serve the salad with the remaining syrup.