- 4 garlic cloves
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 x 285g jars spinneysFOOD Artichokes, plus 100ml oil
- 100g spinneysFOOD Roasted Mixed Peppers
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 30g spinneysFOOD Coriander
- 3.5kg bone-in lamb shoulder
- In a blender, blitz the garlic, lemon zest, artichokes and oil, roasted peppers, capers, chillies, coriander and ½ tsp sea salt until smooth.
- Put the lamb in a large oiled roasting tray and use a knife to make small incisions all over. Massage with 6 tbsp tapenade, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the lamb from the fridge and preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- Cover the lamb with a double layer of foil. Roast for 4 hours, discard the foil and roast for 30 minutes more. Remove from the oven, cover and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the lamb on a large platter and serve with the rest of the tapenade and the batata harra and aubergine salads.