- 100g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250g self-raising flour
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80g cocoa powder, sifted
- zest and juice of 1 orange, plus extra zest for decorating (optional)
- 150ml whole milk
- 3 spinneysFOOD Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 200g orange-flavoured milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- double cream, lightly whipped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and grease a 2-litre round ovenproof dish.
- Put the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and 50g of the cocoa powder in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan set over a medium-low heat.Remove from the heat, cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in the orange zest and juice, milk and eggs until well combined.
- Pour into the dry ingredients, fold together to combine, then stir in the chocolate chunks. Tip into the prepared dish and set aside.
- Put the muscovado sugar and remaining cocoa powder in a bowl with 350ml recently boiled water. Stir to combine, then pour over the cake batter.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, until the sponge is well risen and cooked through and you can see the sauce bubbling around the edges.
- Serve with whipped double cream and more orange zest, if you like.