- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 large red cabbage
- 25g vacuum-packed chestnuts, chopped
- 1 slice spinneysFOOD Everyday Wholemeal Bread, blitzed to fine crumbs
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g soft goats’ cheese, crumbled
- ¼ bunch thyme, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Oil and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the cabbage vertically into 4 equal-sized rounds. Brush with the oil and arrange on the prepared tray. Season well and roast for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the chestnuts, breadcrumbs, butter, garlic, goats’ cheese and thyme in a bowl, season and stir to combine.
- Remove the cabbage from the oven and top each steak with crumble. Return to the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown. Serve warm.