- 650g fresh prawns, shelled and deveined
- 3cm x 3cm piece ginger, chopped
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ mango, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber
- 15g Japanese pickled ginger, plus 1 tbsp pickling liquid
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 small burger buns
- large handful salad leaves
- Put the prawns, ginger, 1 chilli, the garlic, breadcrumbs and egg in a food processor and pulse together. Season well.
- Tip into a bowl and stir in the mango. With damp hands, shape the mixture into 4 round patties. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber, slice into thin matchsticks and put in a small bowl. Thinly slice the pickled ginger and add to the bowl, along with the pickling liquid. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until just cooked through.
- Divide the salad leaves between the buns and top with the burgers. Add the pickled slaw and remaining chilli (optional).