- 250g spinneysFOOD Self-Raising Flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 50g butter, softened
- 200ml milk
- 150g spinneysFOOD Cheddar, coarsely grated, plus extra to serve
- 50g walnuts, crumbled, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp thyme leaves
- onion chutney, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Rub the butter in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour in the milk and add 125g grated cheddar, the crumbled walnuts and all but 1 tbsp thyme. Stir together until the mixture forms a sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 2cm thick. Stamp out 26 x 4cm rounds, transfer to the prepared tray and scatter over the remaining grated cheddarand thyme.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and well risen. Serve warm or cold with cheddar, walnuts and onion chutney.