- 300g butter, cubed, plus 100g melted and extra for greasing
- 150g ground almonds
- 300g spinneysFOOD All-Purpose Flour
- 75g spinneysFOOD Caster Sugar
- 75g muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp spinneysFOOD Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp spinneysFOOD Sea Salt Flakes
- 150g mixed nuts (eg hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts), chopped
- 3 Pink Lady apples
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 21cm square tin with baking paper.
- Put the ground almonds, flour, sugars, cinnamon, sea salt and cubed butter in a food processor. Blitz to coarse crumbs.
- Transfer one-quarter of the mix to a bowl. Stir in the nuts and melted butter until combined. Set aside.
- Blitz the remaining mixture in the processor until it starts to come together. Tip into the prepared tin, pressing the dough evenly.
- Peel and core the apples then cut into 2cm pieces. Scatter over the dough and spoon the crumble mixture on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin then cut into bars.